Tab Mix Plus

Official Home of TMP
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:36 pm 

I exited a Firefox session consisting of 4 windows and around 120-130 tabs thinking it would auto-save as it always has. I proceeded to do some other work for about 10-15 mins during which time I disconnected my wifi connection to the internet. Shortly afterward, without thinking about it I re-launched Firefox still without an internet connection, and Firefox attempted to download the update to version 14. Of course this failed without a working internet connection, and it told me so, but after clicking OK to dismiss the "failed update" dialog box, I noticed that I hadn't been prompted to restore my previous session. After re-enabling my wifi connection to the internet I went looking in Session Manager for my previous session only to find out that it didn't exist. The only previous session listed was the one from before I accumulated the 4 windows and 120 tabs. Is there some sort of bug that would prevent TMP from either saving the previous session or realizing it had one if Firefox tries to do an update and fails for some reason upon the next startup? It may be worth it to note that I was working from a crash recovery session and probably hadn't exited Firefox between recovering my session and exiting with the 4W/120T, but the last exit was clean so I don't understand why the session wouldn't have been saved.

I'm using Firefox 14.0.1 (now), and according to my add-ins manager, I'm currently on TMP 0.4.0.3pre.120719a.

Any ideas?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:01 pm 

Looks like I was off in diagnosing the cause of this problem. The issue is that TMP doesn't save tabs that didn't load (because, for instance, no internet access was available) for crash recovery. I just had it happen again, and I only got the tabs back that I actually had loaded and lost the other 30 or so.

So that begs the question....is not restoring the tabs that didn't load properly during crash recovery a feature? ...or a bug.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:41 am 
Admin

i'm working on improving Tabmix session manager

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:57 am 

Ok, bug. That's all I was wondering. I can work around that.
Thanks!