Tab Mix Plus

Official Home of TMP
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1793 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 90  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:44 am 
Admin

Read the Change log page for complete list of all the changes

Download Links
Download Current Version
Latest Development Build

You can download source code or latest working version at any time.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:59 am 

Thanks, onemen.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:44 am 
Admin

Thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:00 pm 

Hi.
Thanks for the new version :D
Wanting to open a new address in the address bar, pressing the "ALT GR", does not open in the same tab, as I have scheduled.
Could you please fix this problem?

I leave the options I have in TAB MIX PLUS, a text file.
Thank you.

Attachments:
File comment: I leave the options I have in TAB MIX PLUS, a text file.
TMPpref.txt [8 KiB]
Downloaded 1295 times

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:04 pm 
Admin

what do you mean by "ALT GR" ?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:05 pm 
Admin

What is 'ALT GR'?

^ right ... Image

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:17 pm 
Admin

onemen,
did you do something with the tabs size? They used to stretch to fill the first row (set to 145-260). The same tabs in the same screen width do not stretch anymore, they stay small (no themes, styles don't touch the sizing at all).

BUT!... i'm back to the test build... the links opening in the current tab is back with this version. The test build is the only build where it doesn't happen.

Also, when i was installing the textbuild.xpi (from my local copy on hd), a new empty tab opened.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:05 pm 
Admin

makondo wrote:
onemen,
did you do something with the tabs size? They used to stretch to fill the first row (set to 145-260). The same tabs in the same screen width do not stretch anymore, they stay small (no themes, styles don't touch the sizing at all).

i don't see this, did you try new profile?
post your settings.

makondo wrote:
BUT!... i'm back to the test build... the links opening in the current tab is back with this version. The test build is the only build where it doesn't happen.

i don't remember it, can you point me to your original problem.

makondo wrote:
Also, when i was installing the textbuild.xpi, a new empty tab opened.
WFM

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:31 pm 
Admin

The original problem was (is with all builds since, if i'm not mistaken, 111011a which was the last one that worked fine ... or the one before it) - viewtopic.php?p=53769#p53769
When clicking links, some unexpectedly open in the current tab (set to open all in new tabs). Sometimes a link will open in the same AND in a new tab (double that is).
I don't see this happening with the test build.
You can go to the members list, for instance, and click the names. Suddenly, one will open as i said - in the current or in the current and a new one. It doesn't have to be different links, i can keep clicking the same link. It will open properly with the test build but any other build will eventually pop in the current tab, it's just a matter of time - sometimes it takes 5 clicks, sometimes 10 ...
I can try previous builds to see which one exactly was the last to work properly for me (when i find time to do so).

EDIT: OK, 1012a is the first one where this problem occurs. 1011a works fine. As soon i install 1012a, it's back. Tried 3 times.

Attachments:
TMPpref.txt [8.19 KiB]
Downloaded 1037 times

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:42 pm 

onemen wrote:

Ctrl+Alt ≈ AltGr

Sorry for not explain.
Before working well with the "ALT GR".
Wanting to open a new address in the address bar, pressing the "ALT GR", does not open in the same tab, as I have scheduled.
But in the latest versions dejor working.

Extended Info "Alt GR":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AltGr_key

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:39 pm 

Hi... I had to roll back to 0.3.8.7 because of a small problem. At the address bar, when I open the drop down list and click the middle button on one of the links, nothing happens. With 0.3.8.7 it opens the link in new tab. Thanks for the efforts guys. I'm sure you guys will sort this out, as you always do. Looking forward to the new version.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:22 pm 

The new development build, 0.4.0pre.111126a, automatically installed in the last hour, and I have immediately noticed a problem.

I have 3 pinned tabs. Prior to 0.4.0pre.111126a, they were always lined up together, on the top row of tabs. With 0.4.0pre.111126a, this is still true IF there is a single row of tabs. If, however, there are 2+ rows of tabs, one of the pinned tabs rolls to a second row if/when the second row of tabs is created (and moves back into single-row position when the second row of tabs is destroyed).

See the attached image.

Is this intentional? I don't like it. I would like the pinned tabs to stay in a single row, and when the tabs roll to a second row, the new row should start under the left-most pinned tab, NOT under the left-most unpinned tab. My suggested/preferred behavior is the same as 0.3.8.7 (and preceding builds).

Attachments:
TMP 0.4.0pre.111126aS1.jpg
TMP 0.4.0pre.111126aS1.jpg [ 56.77 KiB | Viewed 458144 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:35 pm 
Admin

ManuTT wrote:
onemen wrote:

Ctrl+Alt ≈ AltGr

Sorry for not explain.
Before working well with the "ALT GR".
But in the latest versions dejor working.

Extended Info "Alt GR":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AltGr_key

Thank you.

pleas explain how do you set AltGr to open address bar in current tab?
also post your Tabmix setting as attachment.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:54 pm 
Admin

Squeeky wrote:
The new development build, 0.4.0pre.111126a, automatically installed in the last hour, and I have immediately noticed a problem.

I have 3 pinned tabs. Prior to 0.4.0pre.111126a, they were always lined up together, on the top row of tabs. With 0.4.0pre.111126a, this is still true IF there is a single row of tabs. If, however, there are 2+ rows of tabs, one of the pinned tabs rolls to a second row if/when the second row of tabs is created (and moves back into single-row position when the second row of tabs is destroyed).

See the attached image.

Is this intentional? I don't like it. I would like the pinned tabs to stay in a single row, and when the tabs roll to a second row, the new row should start under the left-most pinned tab, NOT under the left-most unpinned tab. My suggested/preferred behavior is the same as 0.3.8.7 (and preceding builds).

In version 0.4.0pre i was implementing the use of smooth scrolling. when you have many tabs in multi-row the tab slides up and down.
since the pinned tabs are fixed in position i can not put normal tabs under pinned tabs. in order to minimize the space that pinned tabs occupy in multi-row, i chose to use the arrangement.
give it a try for a few days.

maybe i add options to put all pinned tab in the first row, but the the will be a gap below
other option is to arrange the tabs and pinned tabs as in 0.3.8.7 and only switch to the new arrangement when there are hidden rows (and scroll buttons)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:01 pm 

onemen wrote:
pleas explain how do you set AltGr to open address bar in current tab?
also post your Tabmix setting as attachment.

Hi,
My problem is that the "Alt Gr", must have the same function as the "Alt" common.
In the latest builds of TMP, the "Alt Gr" has stopped working.

I leave the options I have in Tab Mix Plus Dev-Build 0.4.X, a text file attached.
Thanks. :)

Attachments:
TMPpref.txt [8 KiB]
Downloaded 1095 times

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:20 pm 

Hey, thanks for the new build, but how can I disable the smooth scrolling for tabs? The animation only slows down my workflow.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:53 pm 

onemen wrote:
Squeeky wrote:

See the attached image.

In version 0.4.0pre i was implementing the use of smooth scrolling. when you have many tabs in multi-row the tab slides up and down.
since the pinned tabs are fixed in position i can not put normal tabs under pinned tabs. in order to minimize the space that pinned tabs occupy in multi-row, i chose to use the arrangement.
give it a try for a few days.

maybe i add options to put all pinned tab in the first row, but the the will be a gap below
other option is to arrange the tabs and pinned tabs as in 0.3.8.7 and only switch to the new arrangement when there are hidden rows (and scroll buttons)

Thanks for the explanation of the design goals.

One of the things I like about pinned tabs is that they are always the same place ... or at least they used to be. I find it disconcerting when my 3rd pinned tab jumps back and forth between the first line and the second.

And I understand that if you keep all of the pinned tabs as in 0.3.8.7, but implement smooth scrolling, there will be line-up issues. If you are going to implement smooth scrolling, the configuration you have chosen is probably the best.

I'm not sure I will ever use smooth scrolling, however. I'm really happy with the way the tabs work in 0.3.8.7. So, I vote for the 0.3.8.7-style configuration (if smooth scrolling is disabled), and your 0.4.0pre configuration (if smooth scrolling is enabled) ... as you suggested.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:13 am 

With the recent version (0.4.111126a) something changed in middle-click-behaviour.

The event I'm referring to is middle-click on an url within recently-visited history (which opens while typing inside the url bar, giving suggestions out of recently visited urls, or when the little downwards arrow in the url bar is clicked).

The usual behaviour was to open whatever was middle-clicked in a new tab, just like with alt+return. Whereas alt+return still works, middle click doesn't do anything.

Attachments:
TMPpref.txt [8 KiB]
Downloaded 1400 times

Last edited by Auftauware on Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:19 am 

I just wanted to say thanks for adding in the tab bar scrolling animation that was normally present without TMP running. I am experiencing a little bit of stuttering with it that seems to correspond to brief spikes in processor usage (it affects middle mouse button anchor scrolling too). I don't know if that's something they need to fix in Firefox 9 beta or if the extension is causing the processor spikes. The spikes have been happening since before the animation worked, so it's either Firefox 9 beta (most likely) or something unrelated to the tab animation implementation in TMP causing it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:31 am 

Alright, I somehow managed to disable smooth scrolling in tab bar, but I noticed a new problem - Fast Dial no longer shows up when opening new (blank) tab.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1793 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 90  Next