Tab Mix Plus

Official Home of TMP
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: undo close tab
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:23 pm 
earlpiggot wrote:
undo close tab is also broken

The error console reports the following when attempting to undo a closed tab:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "'[JavaScript Error: "aTabs[0] is undefined" {file: "file:///C:/Program%20Files/Minefield/components/nsSessionStore.js" line: 1772}]' when calling method: [nsISessionStore::setWindowState]" nsresult: "0x80570021 (NS_ERROR_XPC_JAVASCRIPT_ERROR_WITH_DETAILS)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://tabmixplus/content/session/sessionStore.js :: ct_getClosedTabAtIndex :: line 512" data: yes]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:46 am 
Mozilla recently updated shiretoko and minefield version numbers (to 3.5x and 3.6x respectively, so TMP does not install.
Are you people aware of this?
Can it be fixed?
Thanks-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:33 am 

Biblio wrote:
Mozilla recently updated shiretoko and minefield version numbers (to 3.5x and 3.6x respectively, so TMP does not install.
Are you people aware of this?
Can it be fixed?
Thanks-

The extensions MR Tech Toolkit and Nightly Tester Tools offer the option to disable extension compatibility checking. Alternately, the boolean pref extensions.checkCompatibility can be added to about:config. Setting to false will disable extension compatibility checking.

Whichever method you use, they should be used with great care as other incompatible extensions may cause unexpected results and/or crash your browser session.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:34 am 
Admin

i'm very busy this days
i hope to finish new version until the end of the month

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:39 am 

Thanks for the update, onemen.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:17 pm 
WildcatRay wrote:
Today's Trunk (Minefield) nightly (20090314) breaks the current dev version (0.3.7.4pre 090107) of TMP. Tabs will not restore on (re)start. (The tabs just sit at "Loading...".) Disabling TMP remedies the situation. The tabs restore as expected.

I suspect Bug #480148 - [Firefox: Session Restore] Restore visible tabs first when restoring session may be to blame. I did comment in the bug asking if it may have broken TMP, but have not yet heard back.

Same for me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:17 am 
WildcatRay wrote:
Nightly Tester Tools

that will not work! TMP currently breaks hard on 3.5

i cant even restore my Sessions without it going crazy and feel me with Popups of bad JS

Code:
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4pre) Gecko/20090319 GNU/Linux Ubuntu /9.04 (jaunty) Shiretoko/3.3 ID:20090319145445

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:27 am 

Anonymous wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:
Nightly Tester Tools

i cant even restore my Sessions without it going crazy and feel me with Popups of bad JS

Code:
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4pre) Gecko/20090319 GNU/Linux Ubuntu /9.04 (jaunty) Shiretoko/3.3 ID:20090319145445

Sorry, I can't help you beyond what I posted earlier.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:10 am 
Firstly Closed tab list Dosent work!!

Secondly Functions like DUPLICATE TABS dont work!!

Thirdly The tabs should show site caption DONT USUALLY DO SO!!

Fourthly TMP is UPDATED IN A Long TIME IT SHould BE Updated REGULARLY
& ALSO 2 THE LATEST DEV BUILD
BUT KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK I KNW ITS HARD FOR U BUT PLZ UPDATE QUICKER & MORE OFTEN

I am USING
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2a1pre) Gecko/20090321 Minefield/3.6a1pre (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:44 pm 
Admin

^ Very funny :wink: This is a free extension. The developers will do what they want to do and none of us really should be telling them what they 'should' do and demand a thing from them.
Once again - they're using their own (like in - 'real life') time to work on this thing. Be grateful they do or make your own ext.

onemen wrote:
i'm very busy this days

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:54 am 

Anonymous wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:
Nightly Tester Tools

Code:

use Session Manager.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:10 pm 
We are all glad about the TMP dev builds and onemans work.

But the the big intervals between the release make the work also not easier. More and more work with every day.

I'm self had the problem to test old nightlys from middle of november to find a bug over several days and i'm really really really missing a good working tmp dev build for this time-line. The build from 8 oct working bad and the build from dec generally not. So much for the topic big intervals.

Also i'm missing the old dev build threads here. This thread startet at 3. dec and before? I have searched infos about the pre version, but nothing was found. For the worst case I have this thread now saved locally on my hd. (thanks to the repagination devs)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:42 pm 
Admin

The latest dev. is 0.3.7.4pre.090107 - that is from january. I don't think you should expect exts. chase Fx pre-releases and be 'glad' and grateful that TMP is one of the very few exts. that actually do. The latest dev. seems to be broken with Fx beta3, which wasn't all that long ago and you can see what onemen has said about it in the post above on this same page. Now, sit tide, be patient and if you're not ready to deal with bugs and exts. not working with alphas and bets, use official releases. There's no use or help in whining we have to go through here with every new Fx release.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:19 pm 
@Makondo, no other comment i have expect from you. The point is not that the actually dev build is broken. Its okay, Fx is in development and TMP a complex ext. My mention i had posted above. Its not important at the moment for me when the new dev build come. I have only write down the disadvantage of long intervals. Read it again. And yes we can all surf with the official releases and make the beta test by the end users. Good idea, i have waited for this comment. I know both sides, the side of the developer and as the end users. I hope as also you. Critical statements are not always negative and can be very constructive. I'm expect nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:03 pm 
Admin

on Wed Mar 18th 2009 onemen wrote:
i'm very busy this days

'nough said :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:53 pm 

Once TMP became incompatible with Minefiled Trunk, I've been using following 3 Extentions instead of TMP - will be with TMP once it is updated:

Removetabs 0.2.1
Tab Open Relative 0.3.3
Tab Focus 1.0.5

MY Extensions:
Autohide 1.5
Menu Editor 1.2.6
Mouse Gestures Redox 2.1.2
QuickRestart 1.1.4
Removetabs 0.2.1
Tab Open Relative 0.3.3
Tab Focus 1.0.5

Trivia: My Profile with TMP + AH, ME, MG, QR is 4.09 MB

Current Profile with RT + TOR + TF + AH, ME, MG, QR is 2.48 MB

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2a1pre) Gecko/20090324 Minefield/3.6a1pre

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:20 am 

Sadly, both tmp and tabkit are broken in recent nightlies...
makes multirow tab bars impossible...
I ended up going back to 1.9.1(3.5b) nightlies which seem to work with tab kit at least...(tmp still has the bug of opening many windows freezing everything with it)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:36 am 

DeathWolf wrote:
Sadly, both tmp and tabkit are broken in recent nightlies...
makes multirow tab bars impossible...
I ended up going back to 1.9.1(3.5b) nightlies which seem to work with tab kit at least...(tmp still has the bug of opening many windows freezing everything with it)

As we all should know, that's life on the bleeding edge. :mrgreen:

I had had Trunk (aka Minefield) as my default browser no less, but when the changes to session restore in it were made and broke TMP, I decided to switch my default to Branch (aka Shiretoko). I have come to like the "open new tab next to originating tab" behavior rather than the "to the far right" behavior as is the normal Fx behavior. I know there is a bug to add the "open next to the originating tab" behavior, but it may not make it into Rx 3.5. :(

So long as TMP ain't broke in Fx 3.5, things will be OK. 8)

Post subject: tmp
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:14 am 
i have disabled TOOLKIT ext and now TMP last build works fine in my config ,,,, but i did not test other configs,,so give it a try

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:29 am 
i have disabled TOOLKIT ext and now TMP last build works fine in my config ,,,, but i did not test other configs,,so give it a try,,,,using FF3.5b4pre (winxp)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 34  Next