Tab Mix Plus

Official Home of TMP
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1472 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 74  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:00 am 
Admin

var3gen wrote:
Recap of suggestions:
1. Auto-scroll to partially show next out-of-sight tab
2. Auto-scroll to partially show another tab
3. Auto-scroll to show part of a tab at tab-bar edges
#3 make it clear that it is on both ends. i hope :)
or : When scrolling show part of a tab on tab-bar edges
var3gen wrote:
i will appreciate i you will help with sort explanation, few sentences, for this new option.
An attempt:
"When tabs don't fit in a single row, this option enables auto-scroll to shift the tabs an extra distance when the tab at the edge of the tab-bar is activated. This will make the next, previously out-of-sight, tab partially visible. This will enable users to click on that partly visible tab, which again will result in a new such auto-scroll a.s.o."

This option will apply to all scrolls, not just when the tab at the edge of the tab-bar is activated.
this is also a reason for #3 for the option label

Regarding the width of the offset scroll, since the only purpose is to enable user to click on the tab 50px will be enough.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:04 pm 

onemen wrote:
#3 make it clear that it is on both ends. i hope

But that's already clear, it's obvious that there can be an out-of-sight tab both to the right and left end of the tab-bar, isn't it? That depends on the current state of course, but conceptually to the user it's obvious.

What makes this unsuitable: Auto-scroll to show part of a tab at tab-bar edges is that where else would you show part of a tab but at the edges of the tab-bar..?

Please also note that the semantics of this: When scrolling show part of a tab on tab-bar edges is different from the others. By that you've de-coupled it completely from the event of activating the tab at the edge of the bar-tab, I for one do not wish for that at all. What we were after here is to make it work at both ends of the bar-tab exactly the way it does at the right edge in FF 3.6.28 + TMP 0.3.8.7 (as I described before).

The whole point of this is the auto-scrolling, which is triggered only by activating the left-/right-most currently visible tab, so that the next tab becomes partly visible a.s.o.

Quote:
This option will apply to all scrolls, not just when the tab at the edge of the tab-bar is activated. this is also a reason for #3 for the option label

Ehm, which scrolls would that be? The ones using the arrow buttons (if chosen to be visible?) That's not an auto-scroll, and we're back to square one. If you do this, then as far as I'm concerned I lost interest. You can just drop this and spend your time on something else in TMP IMO.

Quote:
Regarding the width of the offset scroll, since the only purpose is to enable user to click on the tab 50px will be enough.

I'm sorry, now you lost me. 50 pixel is far too much. E.g. I have my tabs 25-45 px wide as minumum, meaning you'd do some sort of auto-scrolling then which is more than one tab. I do not want that, so I'd never enable this option then.

I'm sorry to see that, unless I misunderstood your last post, this went in the wrong direction by your last post above

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:38 pm 
Admin

I think you two should take it to another, separate thread to discuss this as many here don't use and don't care about this option but you keep bumping a dev.build thread as if there's something important about the build. 2 pages of this just about does it for me personally.
I suggest either one of you start a new thread and continue there. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:42 am 

Oneman,

Even if Var3gen has lost interest in the new TMP feature: When scrolling show part of a tab on tab-bar edges, I would like to still see that feature implemented.

Sorry, makondo that will be the last post here on the matter from me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:02 am 
Admin

I created a thread for those who would like to continue chatting about scrolling - over here, please.

Let's concentrate on .4.0 dev.build bugs and such in this thread.
Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:46 am 

Reorder tab animation based on drag and drop api landed in UX brand. Not compatible with TMP, just sharing. Hope you can study the implementation to support it in near future.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=674925

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:07 pm 
Admin

testebr wrote:
Reorder tab animation based on drag and drop api landed in UX brand. Not compatible with TMP, just sharing. Hope you can study the implementation to support it in near future.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=674925

this new tab animation does not brake Tabmix. Tabmix is not implementing the new feature at the moment.
i will start working it next month

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:06 am 
Admin

Tab Mix Plus Dev-Build 0.4.0.2pre.120407a Released (Older builds)
You can download source code or latest working version at any time.
  • Fixed: Tab-bar height (in multi-row) don't reduced after all tabs in a row were closed, empty row left opened.
  • Fixed: Can't restore session when starting Firefox after exit last session from private browsing mode.
  • Changed: Tabmix option "Allow scrolling to select tabs" - replaced with radio options "Change selected tab" and "Scroll all tabs" (default), also one can hold Shift while scrolling to switch between these options. Make the option to "Inverse scroll direction" applying to both options.
  • Added: New options for scrolling on single row "When scrolling show part of next out-of-sight tab", extra 50 pixel is adding to each scroll distance but no more than 70% of the next out-of-sight tab when close button is visible on tab 50% otherwise.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:49 am 

Thanks, onemen.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:15 am 

Quote:
Fixed: Tab-bar height (in multi-row) don't reduced after all tabs in a row were closed, empty row left opened.

Wow, this bug is sooo damn old and finally fixxed :) Thank You for that!

I was afraid to post about it, because of my bad english - sorry.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:21 am 

Hello there.
I use Hebrew RTL FF12b4 and TMP last build (0.4.0.2pre.120407a).
When I try to get to TMP option i got an error mssage that says:

שגיאה בניתוח XML:‏ ישות לא מוגדרת
מיקום: chrome://tabmixplus/content/pref/pref-tabmix.xul שורה מספר 545, עמודה 17: <checkbox id="offsetAmountToScroll" label="&offsetAmountToScroll.label;" style="height: 22px;"
----------------^

If I'll translate it to English it says something like:
Error analyzing XML: Entity not define.

keep the good work.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:42 am 
Admin

Thanks!
What will be happening with that Blank page setting from now on (assuming i don't change it in about:config)? Will it be switched to whatever default and i will have to re-set it on every dev.build install? Because that's what's just happened - i had to reset it again!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:49 am 

makondo wrote:
Thanks!
What will be happening with that Blank page setting from now on (assuming i don't change it in about:config)? Will it be switched to whatever default and i will have to re-set it on every dev.build install? Because that's what's just happened - i had to reset it again!

Which pref is this :?:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:11 am 
Admin

browser.newtabpage.enabled to false which, of course is not at all what i need. I don't want to deal with new tab page at all at this point (and probably never will), i don't want to change any settings for it. I simply want MY settings retained from install to install. Is it too much to ask? The first time it happened - OK, blame it on Fx12, it resets our settings (not new). But why has this been reset again with the latest dev.build install? I assume this will be happening as long as it's a .4.0* dev.build ... I think i'll skip the rest of devs. until it's released 'cause i just get too p'ed.
To me it's a bug. Somehow TMP needs to detect that it is Fx12+ and the selection has been made and stick to it.
This should have never been done in the first place and we wouldn't have had this mess. TMP should have been made to detect existing settings and - despite of what Fx12+ is doing - retain people's choice. That's why it's called preference - our preferences, out settings, our time, our puter.
An intro piece as it is now on the installation confirmation page is plenty sufficient. If somebody misses that, too bad, can't foolproof every step in life!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:16 am 

I actually have left it enabled, but since I rarely open a new tab, I don't even notice it. My opening of new tabs are from typing in the location bar, links from other tabs, opening bookmarks using middle-click, etc.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:31 am 
Admin

That's not the point, Ray. Read my edit (rant) above. Not everybody uses TMP/Fx as you and i do. I often open a blank when doing styles, for instance (it's a really 'blank' page here - a see through glass). It just doesn't matter. What matters is an extension is fiddling with my settings i've already spent time choosing. And not once, but again and ... will do again?
Feel it, Ray?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:03 pm 
Admin

makondo wrote:
Thanks!

Tabmix don't touch browser.newtabpage.enabled at all

the changes should only happen in the previous dev-build
if you see any changes again it can be some bug

report exactly which preference changed by the latest dev-build

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:04 pm 
Admin

em28 wrote:
Hello there.
I use Hebrew RTL FF12b4 and TMP last build (0.4.0.2pre.120407a).
When I try to get to TMP option i got an error mssage that says:

שגיאה בניתוח XML:‏ ישות לא מוגדרת
מיקום: chrome://tabmixplus/content/pref/pref-tabmix.xul שורה מספר 545, עמודה 17: <checkbox id="offsetAmountToScroll" label="&offsetAmountToScroll.label;" style="height: 22px;"
----------------^

If I'll translate it to English it says something like:
Error analyzing XML: Entity not define.

keep the good work.
sorry for that error , i will fix it soon

Happy Passover

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:31 pm 
Admin

Events/Tab Opening > Load on new tabs: was reset to New Tab Page even though in my previous dev.b version i had it set to Blank Page. I had to re-set it again when i installed the latest dev.b today.
However, when i reinstalled the latest, my setting remained. I will check other profiles later tonight.

EDIT: i think i'll wait for the next dev.b and see what happens.
My point was and is, TMP should have detected a Blank Page setting and leave it alone despite Fx12 New Tab Page feature. An info on the installation confirmation page would have been enough just to let people know they have different options with Fx12/TMP .4.0*. Blank page option has nothing to do with it. I use a custom button to open blank pages and it still working fine. So should've been TMP (as i said in another thread, i get really p'ed when exts. do this, as you can see, i didn't lie Image).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:21 pm 

Since the latest update of the Dev code I am getting this about:newtab. Id like to get rid of it. It is pretty useless as it isnt used when a new page with content is loaded like the older new tab - it would be used if it was blank. I like that better. Is there some setting Im missing?

Scuba Diving Site

Dell XPS One - Vista Home Premium w/SP2
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:2.0b6pre) Firefox® Nightly unless otherwise specified
TMP - latest Dev-Build

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1472 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 74  Next