Tab Mix Plus

Official Home of TMP
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Auto-Refresh Tabs
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:36 am 

Something been lacking in most browsers is the inability to refresh individual tabs. I have seen a few IE front ends do this, but want FireFox to. Further, the implementation has been weak in the IE versions.

- Want ability to turn auto-refresh on, on the fly. Right-click a tab and select "auto-refresh" and then select how long to refresh

- Ability to store a keyword version of the refresh in a bookmark - ie "refresh=1". I could have 3 bookmarks, each with a different refresh and then open all the bookmarks in tabs. Each would refresh independently. If one of the 3 didn't have "refresh=" in the keyword, it would never refresh.

- Times would be fixed mostly, but a nice touch would allow say 3 custom times (that would show at the top of the list). Then the normal would "every 1,2,3,4,5,10,20,30,45,60 minutes"

- I suppose a master auto-refresh ALL tabs a specific time might be nice to have. This method or manually going to each tab (on the fly) is typical with most versions I have seen. However, neither of these are helpful. Why?
(R1) I use the same 8 bookmarks everyday. It would be silly to have to go each day, and turn on the auto-refresh on 2 of the tabs I want
(R2) An all or nothing - why should I auto-update 6 tabs every minute, when only two need to be updated every minute? I may have a few that could update every hour.

-- this is why, adding the keyword "refresh=##" would be a great feature (or if not in the keyword - check the description)

There are some sites that auto-refresh, but most do not. say a stock market quote page (yahoo) or news or sport scores.

I have not seen anothing about this anywhere with Firefox extensions, and figured this might be the place to implement such a feature.

thanks!
belly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:38 pm 
Admin

http://reloadevery.mozdev.org/

Post subject: RELOAD EVERY...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:01 am 

I have been using the RELOAD EVERY extension.

I do like that extension and followed through asking for an enhancement - but over a month and no reply. (Thought just a simple reply would have been nice). Works ok and doesn't seem to cause any hanging/freezing problems.

At any rate, it appears that this product (Tab Mix Plus) is eliminating the need of a lot of various extensions - it is the swiss army knife of tab enhancements. I have just moved from Tab Mix to this -- the biggest improvement, for myself, was the tab names having the bookmark name. That then made the "fixed width tabs" more practical.

I am wondering if there would be any direction in, integrating an "auto-reload" feature (by tab) within this product?

The larger question is - is it possible to store info in the description and then upon opening in a browser use that info for the refresh time (as per my post - adding "refresh=" within the description). I would think it is possible, since TMP appears to use the BOOKMARK name as the tab name. (hence it is loading something).

Thanks
Belly

(I noticed someone also requested it --
http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ght=reload)

Any yahoo... be great to see this, if possible, added in the future.